V4T is looking for a forward-thinking and technologically-minded candidate to take control of the Foundation’s IT department. We need someone with the expertise and experience to take over our website and to some extent over other digital platforms used by the V4T team (e.g. google drive). You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the website, including content posted, viewed or pulled from the website to ensure that the information posted online is credible, correct and up to date. From this, the Webmaster will be responsible for identifying and managing the elimination of redundant content. The performance of the website will also be regularly monitored. This will be done by performing regular checks to repair links, correct content and ensure security.
To ensure ongoing development, the Webmaster will be required to continuously work with the IT and business departments to define, research, develop and integrate digital solutions into the website as well as creating and modifying the appearance and setting of the site by populating the content on the web pages. You will be responsible for the security, aesthetics and the technical functionality of the website that will then enable you to provide training on the website both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of acting as a Webmaster for a complex organisation. They will demonstrate exceptional communication skills and also have proven experience in dealing with customers, users and suppliers. It is vital that the Webmaster will possess strong interpersonal skills that will enable them to establish strong relationships with those working alongside them, as well as experience of managing diverse stakeholders. It is desirable that the Webmaster is educated to degree level and they will need to have knowledge or experience of major change programmes.
As our Webmaster, you will make sure that our website is functioning properly, up-to-date, bug free, and easy to navigate. You will also support company and department needs and report on site usage. We have a number of sites from large content sites running on proprietary content management systems to standard blog sites running on popular platforms.
- a creative approach to web design
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues
- hands on experience with web applications and programming languages
- deciding on the best technologies for the project
- testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments
- fixing bugs in existing project
- testing new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases
- gathering requirements from clients and users
- staying up to date with new trends and advancements in web development
- Experience using and implementing Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools and other tracking tools
- Willing to learn and actively apply what you have learned
- Innovative and business-minded
- Hardworking but friendly
Qualifications and competencies
- Practical knowledge of WordPress administration including installing themes, plugins and system updates
- Basic understanding of the components of common web technology
- Good influencing and communication skills, able to make points clearly and concisely
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills with the ability to manage projects
- Experience with controlling web content, web design, static or dynamic web pages, graphics, web forms, portals and security
Required experience (and) education
- Previous experience as a designer/webmaster
- Bachelor of information technology or comparable
Essential duties of the webmaster include
- Website management and managing web content and social media channels
- Make presentations and explain web concepts to non-technical personnel
- Creating and maintaining a digital content strategy for web and social media
- Plan, organize, and execute work independently within established timelines
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information in a timely manner
We offer a part time output-based freelance contract, in a dynamic international environment. V4T uses fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities. You will be given the chance to work in a young and energetic team and for a bold project in progress. On the V4T team each member has the freedom to develop their best features while building a network of valuable contacts. Training and guidance will be provided with all job responsibilities. We are open to your ideas and propositions and welcome you to challenge us!
If you are interested please send your motivation letter and CV (preferably in PDF-format) no later than December 31 to email@example.com
For questions and more information contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to www.voice4thought.org